Send Newsletter Automatically Checked

A place for discussion on how to use the program more effectively

taligent

Send Newsletter Automatically Checked

Post by taligent »

I can't find an option in the program to tell Donor Manager to enable/disable the auto check feature for the list check boxes for list 1 to 10 or the 6 donor information boxes. Does Donor Manager allow that?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

default values for theck boxes

Post by jmuehleisen »

If I understand your question, you are asking "How can I set the default values for various checkboxes?"

The current version of the program doesn't do that, but I actually like that idea a lot (if that is what you are asking !).

I'll put that on the list of possible enhancements for a future version.

Now, if I misunderstood the question, let me know.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
taligent

default values for check boxes

Post by taligent »

That is what I was asking. Thanks for the reply. This is a great program and makes my life a lot easier.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

default values for check boxes

Post by jmuehleisen »

I'm glad I understood you correctly.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming. I have often found that many of the best ideas and suggestions come from the freshest eyes!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Andrew

Re: Send Newsletter Automatically Checked

Post by Andrew »

John, did you ever add the ability to change the default values for various checkboxes? If not, that's not a problem, but maybe it could be added to future updates - I would appreciate that capability as well!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

The answer is "not really," and here's why ...

In Donor Manager 6 the 10 user definable check boxes are being implemented in a different way where it is all totally user definable.

Here is what I mean:

Instead of a fixed list of 10 categories where you can check "yes" or "no," in DM 6 you have an unlimited list of categories which you use ... adding them to just the records where they make sense.

Some programs use "tagging" ... and this is a similar approach.

It gets us the same result ... greater control over these things, but in a different way.

Now, an interesting thought that just occurred to me would be to allow the user to define certain categories to be included in all records by default. I'll have to think on that a bit.
John Muehleisen
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi John, thanks for the reply, and for improving the program. I think I should give the Beta 6 a try...