Restore from Donor Manager Backup

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

phildra
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Restore from Donor Manager Backup

Post by phildra »

Hi,

I have just clean-installed Windows 7 and reinstalled Donor Manager 5.64. I am having trouble restoring my data. The only backup that I have is the Donor Manager Backup folder in the My Documents folder. I have successfully restored a number of times from this folder. However, this time it is not working.

If I try to do a Full Restore, I get the following message:

Memo file c:\users\audra\documents\donor manager backup\donor.fpt is missing or is invalid.

What should I do?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Restore from Donor Manager Backup

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry you are running into problems here.

The donor.ftp files keeps your notes about donors, spouse names, family info, ... things like that.

If you don't have another backup of that somewhere, I can send you an empty .ftp file, but then you'd loose that data (if you had anything in there).

Or, you can try this.

Instead of using the "restore" from in the donor manager, just copy all of the files from your backup folder into c:\donor5\data.

See if that helps get you past this problem.

Let me know how it goes.

John
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation