Outlook 2007

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
lizpfeifer
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Outlook 2007

Post by lizpfeifer »

I've just downloaded DM6 Beta version, particularly to look at the issues relating to Outlook 2007 in order to better assist our users here in the Philippines (I'm a computer trainer with WBT/SIL)

I'm pleased with the ease of importing from Outlook 2007 into DM as the relevant fields are chosen from Outlook, using a CSV file.

Here's some comments:
Users need to know to select the Import function from the Tools Tab, not the one on the Tools menu at the very top. Is it possible to only have one Import function, so not to confuse people? (Or maybe combine them to allow for earlier versions of Outlook to be imported).
The new layout is good.
The Names & Email Address partner view is good because changes can be made there without opening the contact.
When importing, DM only picks up the first email address for a contact, so those with additional email addresses need to be entered manually.
Any comments in the Notes section in Outlook are imported as another contact with those details as "Donor Name". For example, if there are 3 lines of text in the Notes section, then there are 3 extra DM Contacts created.

I'll keep experimenting with it.

Liz

P.S. When do you expect the full version to be available.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Outlook 2007

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the feedback ... it is helpful.

I've got another beta almost ready to go with some bug fixes and some more interface changes, and my list of "things to do before I say 'DM 6 is ready to go' is getting shorter!"

And my wife likes it, so that's a good sign too.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation