Trailing 12 Month Giving Analysis

A place for discussion on how to use the program more effectively

bdennett
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Trailing 12 Month Giving Analysis

Post by bdennett »

This report is only giving me 8 months of information. It appears as though it is previewing only in portrait mode and not landscape? Not sure, but I can only see 8 months on the screen. Any ideas?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Trailing 12 Month Giving Analysis

Post by jmuehleisen »

Do a click right on the report preview, and it should zoom out so you can see more.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
bdennett

Post by bdennett »

Right clicking does nothing... the report still just shows July 8 through Feb 9. On the print bar I even tried reducing the zoom to 50 or 75% and no change.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hmmm.

First of all, I wasn't referring to a "right click." (Sorry, I wasn't clear).

When I said "click right on the report," I means just click on the report preview itself. (the word "right" was confusing).

That should do it (I just checked it on my computer and it seems to be working properly here).

But, if the "zoom %" control on the report control bar isn't working for you, that is curious indeed.

Check this behavior on other reports (not just the 12 month analysis report). Does the zoom bar on other reports also seem like it does nothing?

This is intriguing indeed.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
bdennett

Post by bdennett »

I continue to have the same problem, even in the beta donor6. It looks like the reports are somehow formatted in Portrait only... instead of in some cases landscape???? I can never see the full 12 months on a page. Help?????
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I just checked the report here on my computer (in DM 6 beta 2 and 5.58) and it seems OK.

When you click on the report, do you get any "zoom in" / "zoom out" happening?

And, although the preview should not be affected by your choice of printer, try selecting a different printer (from your Windows Control Panel) ... like the Microsoft XPS Document Writer (or a PDF Creator, if you use one). See if that make any difference.

I'm not doubting that you are getting this problem ... I just can't seem to duplicate it here on my computer.

Now, what happens when you actually print the report? Does it print properly? Do more months show up then? That will help tell us if the problem is in the report itself, or in the report preview.

I'll be out on the road with no internet access for the next 5 days, so if I'm slow to respond, that will be the reason.
John Muehleisen
bdennett

Post by bdennett »

I changed my default printer and it fixed the issue. I then reverted back to my Samsung CLX-3160 (the only printer actually connected to my pc) and the issue began again. To answer your question about printing, when I print it also excludes the months as it does in the preview. Any ideas on how I can get it to print correctly on my Samsung?

Thank you so much for your help with this. I absolutely love your software and have been so blessed with the structure it gives my support management!

Regards, Brian
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

The printer was the problem? Interesting. And a bit surprising, actually.

You could try this: When you get to the printer dialog box (when printing with the samsung) try the printer settings and set the printer for landscape (perhaps it is stuck on portrait and that is why the report is "narrow.").

And, if that doesn't work, you could try installing a PDF driver (a great tool to have anyway) and generate the report to PDF. Then, print the PDF.

If you don't have a PDF driver, I recommend win2pdf (http://win2pdf.com) ... commercial, but free for non-profit use (but with a simple extra page added) or PrimoPdf (http://primopdf.com) or Cute PDF (http://cutepdf.com).

Thanks for the kind comments on the program. You may also want to try the new beta version 6. It's not yet "stable" (still has some bugs and crashes) so don't use it as your main program ... still use DM 5 for that, but it will import your DM 5 data easily). http://donormanager.com/beta

See you later.
John Muehleisen