Please support mailmerge of unthanked gifts

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
JohnThomson

Please support mailmerge of unthanked gifts

Post by JohnThomson »

I am somewhat glad to see the Report option for "List of gifts not yet thanked", but what I really need to make it worth importing gift information into DM is for Export and Merge to to support a check box for "Has unthanked gifts," or, much better still, for one of the Excel export options to include a generated field that lists all the unthanked gifts for that donor.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Please support mailmerge of unthanked gifts

Post by jmuehleisen »

Starting with Donor Manager 6 beta 50, there is now an option for making a merge source file for "Unthanked Gifts."

Give it a try and let me know if this is helpful to you, or if you run across any bugs.

From the "home" screen there is an item "Unthanked Gifts."

It's also available on the main "Gifts" screen.

John
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
JohnThomson

Post by JohnThomson »

This is just what I wanted. Thanks so much! I especially like the way it combines multiple gifts into a single line in the export. And you have just the right fields exporting.

If you wanted to fine tune it a little more...to me, it seems a bit pedantic to describe a gift as precisely as "$50.00 on March 1, 2013". I would probably just say "$50 in March". To cover the edge cases, maybe include the cents if non-zero and the year if more than a year ago.

Another thing I often do is simplify the list of dates to "every month" if they have indeed sent a gift every month since the last thanked gift.

Of course, those changes might not suit everyone.

In any case, what you have already is a great step forward. I can make some of the changes I want with a macro in Excel, and even if I make some of them by hand it will still be much less work than adding all the gifts by hand to the regular export. Thank you VERY much.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

You said:

it seems a bit pedantic to describe a gift as precisely as "$50.00 on March 1, 2013

I agree and had some of the same thoughts, both on being so specific on the date, and getting down to the cents on the gift amount.

Look for a tweak here in one of the next updates.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation