Beta online updates

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
dan neville
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Beta online updates

Post by dan neville »

Hi John,
I've been using DM 6.00 beta 13 and went to check for any updates using the "Check Online for Program Updates" link on the Home page and got the following pop-up error window: API library is not found. with the Cancel Ignore or Help buttons. I clicked on "Ignore" and got the message "File 'downloadurl.prg' does not exist. with the same three buttons.
Clicking "Ignore" again I got "Variable 'LIDOWNLOADED' is not found
Last edited by dan neville on Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Beta online updates

Post by jmuehleisen »

Dan,

Sorry to be slow getting back to you on this. I just missed your message.

Are you still having this problem? If so, try manually downloading the latest update and see if that solves the problem. If not, let me know and we'll dig a bit deeper.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Parke

Post by Parke »

I'm experiencing near identical problems on the latest stable build of Donor Manager. I'm running a standard Dell with Windows XP.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

If you are getting error messages about "api library not found" when doing live updates, then re-download the api library from the link below and save it into your Donor Manager program folder (probably c:\donor5).

http://donormanager.com/special-downloa ... ad-utility

Some anti-virus programs identify this file as a virus ... because a number of virus authors have used the same library to run their viruses! It's an open source library that does downloads, and unfortunately some have used it for less then good purposes. But the utility itself is fine.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Parke

Post by Parke »

Thanks for the quick help! It worked great. And thank you for your work on this software. It's been a great help over the years to me and to my friends.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that this fix worked for you.

Let me know if you run into any other snags.
John Muehleisen