Problem with monthly & annual calculations on import of .CSV

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Problem with monthly & annual calculations on import of .CSV

Post by RandyWBT »

I am doing dual processing using DM 5 and DM 6. When I imported from DM 5 all the gift numbers for each month look fine. I then import the giving for September. It reports the correct total for the month after it is imported.

I tried importing from a .CSV generated by Wycliffe's export tool and as the .html with the same results.

However, when I run Support Development, Monthly Giving Totals it gives a different total for the month.

Turns out one person gave two gifts that month. Only one of the two gifts is included in the total. The amount for the month and the amount in the Total column in this table as well as the Total Giving for the year in the Annual Giving Total report show the same shortage. When I run Gifts, Giving Review for that month, it also omits the second gift from the persons Amount for the month and from the total for the month.

I deleted the months giving records for a previous month that also had two gifts from a supporter. After the import I got the same result. I recall this being a problem in DM 5 at one time.

If I manually add a gift, the gift is tracked properly in all the reports. It only fails on import.
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Problem with monthly & annual calculations on import of .CSV

Post by jmuehleisen »

Turns out one person gave two gifts that month. Only one of the two gifts is included in the total.
Hmmm. I thought I'd fixed that bug.

I'll work on that one, too. Thanks.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Problem with monthly & annual calculations on import of .CSV

Post by jmuehleisen »

I think I found this bug and (hopefully) fixed it in 5.60.

The fix is not yet in DM 6 beta, but look for it when beta 11 comes out.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation