Can't view or Add photos

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Can't view or Add photos

Post by RandyWBT »

I am unable to add or view pictures. I have them all placed in C:\donor5\photos and some in data from before I began using Pack N Go

DM can't seem to find any photos that have already been assigned. It just displays the gray photo box with the X through it.

When I add I press select photo file, select the picture from the browser, press OK and get attached message. Then it makes no difference if I press Cancel or Ignore, DM crashes. In fact, DM can't seem to find any photos that have already been assigned.
Attachments
photoError.jpg
photoError.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 12360 times
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Can't view or Add photos

Post by jmuehleisen »

I think I know what is happening.

Probably the db is referencing the photo file by its old location c:\donor5\photos ... so can't find the one in \donor6

Then, when you try to link to the photo in donor6, it fails because it is trying to copy the file on top of itself.

I'll work on these as well.

Your bug reports are very helpful.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by RandyWBT »

jmuehleisen wrote:I think I know what is happening.

Probably the db is referencing the photo file by its old location c:\donor5\photos ... so can't find the one in \donor6

Then, when you try to link to the photo in donor6, it fails because it is trying to copy the file on top of itself.

I'll work on these as well.

Your bug reports are very helpful.
I copied the photo folder from Donor5 to Donor6 and it can now find the other photos. I then added a photo from Donor6\Photos and it worked fine. If the import from Donor5 included the photo folder and the user than would add from Donor6\Photos it would work OK.
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hmmm. So, it appears that my theory was wrong.

I'll take a look at the migrator and double check the photo migration stuff. That may be a very simple fix then.

Thanks for the additional information.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation