Miscellaneaous findings

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Miscellaneaous findings

Post by RandyWBT »

Active partner:
There is a new field on the detail screen checked off called "Is Active". I don't see anywhere to access this field when doing a List View or when specifying criteria for an adhoc report.

Screen typos:

On the partner detail screen under Giving History you have "First Gi" which should be "First Gift"
On the Support Development Goals and Summary page in the list of selections you have "Propects" rather than "Prospects"

Reports and things that yield error dialog boxes
6 Yr Summary Giving Analysis yields a SQL: GROUP BY clause is missing or invalid
Special Events Listing and all of the Other Reports yield "Unknown member: CTRREPORT9"

Clicking any column header other than church in Normal View yields "Unknown member: OPGSORT"
Doing this does sort in DM 5. City, State appears to sort by zip; support and frequence appear to support by annual calculated amount

Churches Page
Clicking on any index letter always takes me to the last church in my list. I have 37 churches listed.

Lost Feature
Whenever i run a report it opens in a little window that I have to expand. It would be nice to open as a full window just as it does in DM 5.
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Miscellaneaous findings

Post by jmuehleisen »

Very helpful feedback. Thanks! That's just what I'm looking for.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Randy,

I got most of the things you mentioned into the beta 10 update.

Let me make a few comments:
Active partner:
There is a new field on the detail screen checked off called "Is Active". I don't see anywhere to access this field when doing a List View or when specifying criteria for an adhoc report.
It is now available on the List view. Not yet on the report filtering. But, it is coming.
Reports and things that yield error dialog boxes.
Clicking any column header
Fixed
Churches Page
Clicking on any index letter always takes me to the last church in my list. I have 37 churches listed.
This one is working OK for me, so I'm not sure where the problem might be.
Lost Feature
Whenever i run a report it opens in a little window that I have to expand. It would be nice to open as a full window just as it does in DM 5.
Check to see if it "remembers" your window size the next time you preview that report. Let me know on that. The default behavior is for the report to open in a mid-sized preview window. If you maximize it, it should remember to open maximized the next time that the report is previewed.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by RandyWBT »

Thanks for making these fixes.
jmuehleisen wrote:Randy,
Churches Page
This one is working OK for me, so I'm not sure where the problem might be.
It is still a problem on my version (6.0010)
jmuehleisen wrote:
Lost Feature
Check to see if it "remembers" your window size the next time you preview that report. Let me know on that. The default behavior is for the report to open in a mid-sized preview window. If you maximize it, it should remember to open maximized the next time that the report is previewed.
It is closer to working. When I run a report I resize the window then close the report. I then open that report again. It initially opens to the adjusted size, then it goes maximized and fils the window. If I rerun the report it goes back to the adjusted size and stays there. Basically, it fails once, works one, fails once, works once. Also, if I run it and adjust the size and thenrun a different report and then go back to the first report, the first report will work. It only seems to fail when it is rerun consecutive times and the it alternates between success and failure.
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

OK. The extra info is helpful.

On the church thing, I may have you send me a copy of your data files so i can see what you are seeing.

But, let me tinker a bit and see if I can figure what might be happening.
John Muehleisen