DM6 in Linux/Wine - can't type anything!

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
BinBuka
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

DM6 in Linux/Wine - can't type anything!

Post by BinBuka »

I was using DM6 on my Ubuntu 12.04 computer several months ago, and it seemed to work pretty well. Just now I downloaded the latest version and the updates installer, and installed it onto a different computer running Wasta-12.04, which is also Ubuntu. The program seems to work, but I can't type anything into any dialog or text box in the program.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is anyone still using DM with Linux/Wine?

Mystified...
Kim Blewett
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: DM6 in Linux/Wine - can't type anything!

Post by jmuehleisen »

I've not heard of this problem before.

Very interesting.

There are quite a few people using the Linux / Wine combination, although I don't know what DIstros they are using.

I'll test it on my Mint 17 this weekend, and also a Zorin install I have too to see if it is an issue there.

So, I'm not sure if it is a WINE issue or a distro issue here.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
BinBuka
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by BinBuka »

It might be a conflict with ibus or kmfl (Keyman for Linux). I just tried again and couldn't type in a DM box. When I turned off ibus I could type. I don't remember this happening in 2014 when I was using Ubuntu 12.04, but I can't say that for sure. If someone reads this who's using wasta and kmfl, have you seen this problem?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the additional information.

I've tested it on my Linux Mint 17.1 here and have not seen this issue.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation