Envelopes not filtered

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
Karl

Envelopes not filtered

Post by Karl »

Using Dm 6.00 Beta 56 on Linux via Wine

The program seems to run very well.
However, when trying to do an Envelopes report regardless of what tick boxes I have checked in the list:
Is a donor
Is a Church
Is a prospect
etc, all records are exported. This used to work. The previous version I had was beta 46 I think - I just updated to beta 56 today and note the filter doesn't work. I want to print only people selected to receive a newsletter however regardless of whether I have that box checked on the Envelopes report or not all records are exported to envelopedata.xls.

However the filter for the list of groups (right hand list) does appear to work. I found a work around for now: If I ensure that the box OK to Solicit is checked for each of the records I have Send newsletter checked then I can use the "Omit Do Not Solicit" check box on the envelopes report and it filters for me.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Envelopes not filtered

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for this report.

Let me look into this and see if I can figure out where the problem is.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
kjguenther

Post by kjguenther »

I am seeing the same problem with the "export and merge" function. All the names and addresses are exported, not just the ones I have selected from the groups on the left hand box. I saw this problem in the beta 50 version, and it is still here in the beta 56 version.
kjguenther

Post by kjguenther »

Is there any hope that this problem with exporting a group might be resolved soon?
kjguenther wrote:I am seeing the same problem with the "export and merge" function. All the names and addresses are exported, not just the ones I have selected from the groups on the left hand box. I saw this problem in the beta 50 version, and it is still here in the beta 56 version.
kjguenther

Post by kjguenther »

I was able to correct the error in filtering by comparing the list of those that were in a particular group with those that were actually generated when exporting to xls. About 50 names were omitted. So I went through those 50 names and removed them from the group that they belonged to, and then added them back to the group again. After doing so, the export function worked correctly, and those addresses that were supposed to be generated were actually in the exported file.
hillsideak
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by hillsideak »

Greetings,

I just decided to try the DM6 beta again after wiping it off a while ago because I didn't have time to mess with the bugs at that time. I did a clean install, did the DM5 import, and started to look at doing an envelope for our latest newsletter and only about half of the 174 names that I had in DM5 for the group filter show up in the DM6 report or merge. Is the only solution to go back through the names and recheck them all? It did import all the names, just seems to be an error in import of the check marks, even though they show checked in all the right places.

Scott Hill

PS - I am updated to beta 61