Manual gift entry misbehaves typing after a click

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
JohnThomson

Manual gift entry misbehaves typing after a click

Post by JohnThomson »

When you click on the Gift amount field, it creates an insertion point in the starting value of 0.00. Typing then does strange things. For example, suppose I click just before the first 0 and type "5". I expect to change 0.00 into 50.00. Actually, it changes to 5.00. Type another zero to replace the lost one, and the insertion point moves right (5.0|0) but I still don't have 50.00 like I wanted. Type a period and the insertion point moves left (5.|00) but I still can't make it 50.00. Now try backspace..the five goes away. Type 50: now we are back to 5.0|0.

I actually thought for quite a while that there was no way at all to enter a number bigger than 9.99. In actual fact, if you select ALL the text (e.g., by tabbing into the field) you can type a complete number normally. But it's disconcerting if you come at it another way.