Duplicate Gifts from One Donor

As the next version of the program is under development, the "beta testers" help by testing the new program, finding the bugs, and making comments and suggestions on the new features.
viggolarsen
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Duplicate Gifts from One Donor

Post by viggolarsen »

I get a bug on Monthly Giving Reports, when a donor has donated multiple gifts within one month. Only one of the gifts is shown and the month total for all donors is incorrect. When I run a report with a Trailing 12 Month Analysis, multiple gifts by one donor in Trailing months are added together correctly, but incorrectly for the selected month.
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Re: Duplicate Gifts from One Donor

Post by RandyWBT »

I am using the WBT CSV import filter.

When I have donors with multiple gifts in one month for different dates, only the first one shows in DM 6.
When it is the same date, all entries appear. In other words,

FOR IMPORTED GIFTS
   Donor 1 01-11-10 $100.00 Cash
   Donor 1 01-18-10 $200.00 Cash
   Donor 2 01-11-10 $100.00 Cash
   Donor 2 01-11-10 $200.00 Cash

Under Gifts
-Giving Review
........for January 2010 yields
   Donor 1 $100.00
   Donor 2 $300.00

Under Support Development
-Monthly Giving Totals
........for January 2010 -AND-
-Annual Giving Totals.........for 2010

processing same date gifts OK and selecting only the first gift for different date gifts.

NOTE: I have tested variations of   giftdate   giftamount   subtype   giftcomments. The problem is solely related to different gift dates. Using
     Same giftdate   AND   Different or Same giftamount, subtype, or giftcomment process fine.
Different giftdate   AND   Different or Same giftamount, subtype, or giftcomment process only the first gift listed in the imported file.

Hope this helps narrow down the solution.
Randy
mayesbd

Post by mayesbd »

I am using the gift csv Gift import DM6. When I have two gifts for the same donor, same amount, and same date, the system records only one gift. Therefore, the total gifting amount is in error.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Which organization gift importer are you using?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation