DM crashing on launch

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Hankster
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

DM crashing on launch

Post by Hankster »

Hi John,

I was using Donor Manager to update some info for my supporters and it crashed (the error to ignore, try again, or exit the program.) So I exited to Windows and when I try to launch the program, I get the following error:
Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005
Called from - dmmain line 121 {c:\program files\donor5\dmmain.prg}

I did a liveupdate this morning to the newest version (it was a minor version change from my prior version.) I did a full backup this morning as well, before starting the process of downloading contributions. I'm with Wycliffe, so I used the WBT RTF option to load in about 2 years of donations! This went very well, and I was really happy with this capability. So I could try to restore my full backup, but then I'd have to go through all the imports and cleanup again...

Let me know if you have suggestions, or if you want me to zip and e-mail you my database for analysis. I thought you would want to know about the error for troubleshooting purposes.

Thanks!
...Hank...
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Crashing on start with C0005 error

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry you are running into problems. I ran across this error a few weeks ago with someone else, and I can't remember how I fixed it!

So, zip up your data folder and send it to me at john@donormanager.com and I'll figure out the problem.

Then, I'll post the fix here so we'll have it filed for future reference!

I'm on the road now in Kenya with limited access, so it may take me a day or two to get back to you.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation