Envelope templates/WBT RTF import

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Barry

Envelope templates/WBT RTF import

Post by Barry »

Hi,

When I select print envelope from the donor detail screen it doesn't use my envelope template.

Also, for the WBT RTF statement import, when I have donors that are labeled "non assessable" the import routine always thinks they are a new donor and I have to link the name each month. (Non-assessable donation are coded with an "N/A" on the name line just before the date.)

I'm using version 5.31.

Thanks,
Barry
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Envelopes / RBT

Post by jmuehleisen »

Barry,

Thanks for the questions:

re: single envelopes / templates

You are correct ... when you print a single envelope from the Partner detail screen, the program uses a different envelope printing method than what it uses when doing bulk envelopes (via Word).

I am working on a revised envelope routine for the "print one envelope from this partner" routine that should come in the next update or so.

re: WBT RTF / non-assessable partners

Send by e-mail (john@donormanager.com) a copy of an RTF that has one of these N/A contributions so I can see what I can do for you on this one. One of the challenges with the WBT RTFs is that there is no unique donor ID number in the report ... that makes it harder to do a match with partners in your donor file, and apparently it is failing at this point.

One thing you can do, instead of always adding a new partner, is to uncheck the "match by city" box ... that will give you a comprehensive list of partners that should enable you to manually find that partner.

But, send me an RTF and I'll see if I can make the routine a bit "smarter".

John[/b]
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation