Problem printing addresses on Avery 5160 labels

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
marg-in-tx
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Problem printing addresses on Avery 5160 labels

Post by marg-in-tx »

The addresses begin to print too high & get progressively higher till the name at the bottom is entirely cut off (prints on the bottom of the first label.

Can I fix this? How?

Thank you!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

5160 label creep

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the reminder on this one. This has been on my "do-list" for some time. I'll try to take a look at it in the next day or so and upload a fix.

Unfortunately, you can't fix this one yourself in the Donor Manager.

You could design a custom label in the FoxFire custom report writer, or you could use Word to print labels using the "partnernames.xls" file in the "My Documents" folder (or some other Donor Manager export file) as a data source.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Bill

Avery 5160 labels

Post by Bill »

Did the printing problem on these labels every get fixed?
I still have the problem.
I did just download the latest version, so I'll try again.

Thanks,
Bill
Caryl

Printer Labels

Post by Caryl »

I merge my excel file into a WordPerfect file and then from their to labels. I have the same problem with them getting to high at the bottom. I thought it was the printer, which it still could be!

The simple thing to do, is lower the margin of the label on the very first one and I move it over some too. Then I print a test page and hold it up to the light to see if all is well. Sometimes I have to change the margin near the bottom of the page too, but that is rare.

In WordPerfect, all you do is drag the line down a little ways. No need to go into Document setup.

Also, I found my labels print better, if I print a page at a time. Otherwise they tend to get messed up. I just go to the top of the page, click on the first label. Have only one sheet in the printer at a time and print current page. It solves my problems without much extra time.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

changes to the 5160 label format

Post by jmuehleisen »

A number of users have reported difficulties using the 5160 label format. As this is a very common label, I have re-worked some of the layout details of the label.

Hopefully, this will fix the "label creep" problem that some of you have been experiencing.

This fix was included starting with 5.35.10. Let me know if this helps, or if there is still a problem with this label.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation