Transferring Data

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
jessinthedesert
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Transferring Data

Post by jessinthedesert »

Hello,

I've had some problem with my files on the original computer and then putting them on an external hard drive. I unfortunately didn't use the pack-n-go,I just transfered all the files.
I think at first it worked fine but then I started getting an error message when I tried to open it off my hard drive. I actually posted a message on here back in Jan. under a previous heading with the specific message.
I copied the files back to the original computer and it seems like everything is there but I recently tried to run a report and it said information was missing.
I now have a new computer that i would like to download DM to and 'pack-n-go' the info, but what is the best way considering that it seems like some of the files are missing? Is it even possible? Suggestions?!

Thanks,
Jessica
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Transferring Data

Post by jmuehleisen »

Jessica,

My advice at this point would be for you to "zip" or "compress" the data folder on your Donor Manager installation (probably c:\donor5\data) and e-mail that to me: john@donormanager.com.

I'll check everything for you and try to fix what seems to be amiss.

Then, I'll send you back a Pack and Go file that I've confirmed is OK.

We'll get it working.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jessinthedesert

Post by jessinthedesert »

Wow, great!

Just sent it over now. Hope it attached okay.

Thank you so much!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I got your files and tested them and all of the reports seemed to run OK on my computer.

Do you remember which report was giving you problems? And any specific error message that you got?

That will help me track this down.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation