Error message when generating End of Year Giving Statements

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
jcjshannon
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Error message when generating End of Year Giving Statements

Post by jcjshannon »

I am getting an error message when I try to generate End of Year Giving Statements. The message says, "Error loading file - record number 6. frmEndofYearStatement<or one of its members>. Loading form or the data environment: Not a table" . I can click on ignore, but it does not generate anything.

The funny thing is that when I use Donor Manager on my wife's computer, there are no issues and the End of Year giving statements print fine, however when I installed it on one of our volunteer's computers and you clicked on End of Year Statements, it would not load the individuals to choose from and if you asked it to print all of them, it seemed like it opened something in the background, but there was nothing there.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Error message when generating End of Year Giving Statements

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry you are running into problem here.

The key here is the error message "not a table." That means that one of the data tables that the DM is trying to use to generate the report has gotten corrupted on your volunteer's computer.

So, if you can, re-copy the data from your wife's computer back over to the volunteer's computer (the "pack and go" routine makes this easy) and it should work OK.

If it doesn't (or if you can't get a copy of the data to move over) then "zip" up the c:\donor5\data folder (or wherever you have the DM installed) and email it to me at john@donormanager.com and I'll be glad to take a look and see if I can find and fix the corrupted data table.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jcjshannon

Post by jcjshannon »

Hi John,

Thank you for your assistance. The error code is gone. The Statement2.dbf file was at 0 bytes for some reason. I found it and copied it over from my wife's computer.

However, I still cannot generate the End of Year Statements on any computer except my wife's. When I go into the End of Year Giving Statements screen and click the "choose on or more partners," the box does not populate with any names. If I choose "all partners," it very quickly blinks a screen up for the report writer which then disappears and tells me there are 0 partners.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jerry Shannon
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Let's try this. Make a "pack and go" file and send it to me by email (john@donormanager.com) and I'll take a look here, using your data.

That will help me trouble shoot this a bit better, I think.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation