photos do not display in bulk tbird email

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Del
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

photos do not display in bulk tbird email

Post by Del »

So far I really like the Donor manager features. I use it for my address book for all my contacts.

This is my second bulk email send that I am trying. Something happens between DM and Thunderbird email when I try to include a photo file. When I send an single email it displays, but when I do the bulk email... all I see is a frame with a red dot. The settings seem to be all the same when I compare them.

I could not find this in the forum. Any advice you can offer will be appreciated.
Thank you!
Del
Del

Re: photos do not display in bulk tbird email

Post by Del »

Maybe this is not really for the bug report section....
I did finally find a way to include a photo in the bulk email combined with Thunderbird. By attaching the photo file in the thunderbird, it shows up in the email the person receives, but not for me on the composition screen. I still would like to find a way to insert photos in the beginning of the email... as I can for individual email sent from Thunderbird (not using DM).
Del
Del

Post by Del »

After all this, I discovered that even though the inserted photo does not show in the composition screen, I can format the text around the empty frame it shows. When the email is received and opened the picture is displayed. (I'm writing this down for next time!) Maybe it can help someone else.... or maybe you all know about it already.
Del
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry to be slow responding to you. I've been on the road am and just getting back online.

It sounds like you have worked out a solution.

The behavior of Thunderbird is interesting, however, and I've not seen that before as I don't use it to send bulk emails.

I'm glad that it's working for your mail recipients, even if it is a bit inconvenient for you!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation