Clicking "quit" or "X" doesn't work

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Clicking "quit" or "X" doesn't work

Post by jmuehleisen »

Your old data files are almost certainly still there.

Windows just sticks them in a hard to find location! And one that is "hidden" by default.

Try this. Do a search for donor.dbf .... using the "search" function on the Windows Start button.

It will probably find several copies of that.

But, look for one in a folder with a name like "virtual store" or something like that (I can't exactly remember).

It may well be in /users/your-name/AppData/somewhere.

Once you can find that folder you will find a full collection of DM files in there. You can copy them to c:/donor5/data and (hopefully) you will be back in business.

If that doesn't work, let me know and perhaps we can do a remote assistance session and I can see if I can can find them.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
SpudTravelers

Post by SpudTravelers »

Okay, I had a friend check things out, and it certainly appears that the information is gone. Snarf! I have now started reentering the information (most of it was duplicated in other places intentionally) and I did a "Pack and Go" to make sure that the information is actually getting saved. I then loaded the file onto the old laptop and lo and behold it seems to work. Don't know what happened with it, but it seems to be working now. So I will sign off and get to data entry.

I really do appreciate Donor Manager and all it has helped me with over the years. Thank you for your hard work on this program.

Rod
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, I'm glad to hear that you are back in business, although with some data loss.

No fun there!

John
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation