New month donor records not linked to previous donor records

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Gene Platte

Re: New month donor records not linked to previous donor records

Post by Gene Platte »

jmuehleisen wrote:Which version did you have before? Depending on the version, it makes you do the matching one more time, but should remember it again the NEXT time.

Just try reprocessing the same file you just processed. See if it makes all of the matches. But, there is no need to "re-post" the contributions.

But, its a good test to see if the matching is working better.
John,
I followed your suggestions here and re-imported but did not post my Oct .txt donor data but cancelling the operation before posting using DM 5.6. It appears to be working correctly now. Nov. giving will be in my hands by the 15th. I'll let you know how that transfers immediately.
Gene Platte
gplatte@ludlow.net
Area Mobilizer/Midwest
Interserve USA
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

It appears to be working correctly now.
Great. Let me know how the next month's posting goes.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jgroening

Post by jgroening »

Hi John,
Sorry this is so troubling. It was good to see that someone else's system is now working but mine on DM5.6 is still not working. I've tried to reprocess the same donor records for November again as you said and it still finds all 27 records that do not match. I manually matched them up and then quit before posting but it hasn't kept track of anything. FYI, Joel
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Just to be clear on what needs to be done.

If you have 5.60, and you process a month and link any new donors, they should NOT have to be linked the NEXT time.

The key here is linking them with 5.60.

So, for example, if you processed a given month with an earlier version, those donors may or may not have linked properly. So, even if you are using 5.60, you may have to link them one more time.

Then the NEXT time they should link properly.

Now, if you are seeing something different (as in you linked them with 5.60 and then tried again to process the same month and it wants you to link them all over again), then let me know.

You can test this pretty easily. Take a previous month. Just re-link the first 3 or 4 donors.

Then, go start over processing the same month. It should have recognized the 3 or 4 links that you have already done and NOT ask you to link those same people again. If it does ask you to link them again, (which means that it is not retaining the previous linking) then let me know.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jgroening

Post by jgroening »

Ok, I relinked all 40 gifts for the month of January 2008. This is all in DM5.6. THen I quit DM and restarted the program. I attempted to process January 2008 data again and it said all 40 gifts were still unmatched to anything in the database.
Joel
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

OK. Thanks for that information. That would seem to indicate that there still is a problem in there somewhere.

If you could, send me a pack and go file and this contributions report that you are testing with so I can see what's happening with your data. (I'm not seeing this issue here with my own data).

Send it to: john@donormanager.com. The confidentiality of your partner information will, of course, be carefully protected.
John Muehleisen