Another WBT CSV bug in 5.57

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
markkb
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Another WBT CSV bug in 5.57

Post by markkb »

It appears that with the newest version of DM ( I had just upgraded from 5.55), the WBT CSV import tool does not recognize letters in the Donor ID column. Because Wycliffe uses the same ID number for all member to member transfers, gifts from other entities, etc., we have been modifying the Donor ID column in Excel before importing it into DM. We have been putting in the last name of the donor in the Donor ID column so that we can link it to the right partner during the importation process. Now all that shows up in the Donor ID column during the linking gift process is the number "0". Is it possible to allow letters to be viewed?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Another WBT CSV bug in 5.57

Post by jmuehleisen »

You are correct. That change was made in 5.57.

But there is good news. I have revamped the part of the code that handles the member -> member gifts for WBT (it will show up in 5.57.1 or later) that will restore this feature.

Thanks for asking!

I'll be uploading 5.57.1 (or later) in the next day or so. I've got a few more little bugs to fix first.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Another WBT CSV bug in 5.57

Post by jmuehleisen »

I should have added that this fix that will come in 5.57.1 does not require you to edit the file in Excel prior to importing.

It uses the reference code to do the matching.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation