Bug in WBT Unity CSV import (DM 5.56, 5.57)

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Hankster
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Bug in WBT Unity CSV import (DM 5.56, 5.57)

Post by Hankster »

Hey John,
I have been using the WBT Unity CSV import for a number of months since there were some problems with the WBT HTML import, but one of my donors has relocated to another country now and all the sudden the import is having problems because of the address formatting (no zip code, etc.) I tried it with my last two months CSV files (both with the foreign donor) and both CSV files come in scrambled - partially OK if you preview the results, but goofed up for the specific donor from the other country. I updated to DM 5.57 but the problem still exists.

Fortunately I went back to check out the HTML import and yay! you have fixed it in the recent versions! So that is a good work-around, but I just wanted to let you know about this issue with the CSV import for foreign donors. Let me know if you want a sample file to test with. I noticed that a message pops up when I select the CSV file that this import is beta or something. It seemed to be working pretty well since last fall until I ran into this issue.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Bug in WBT Unity CSV import (DM 5.56, 5.57)

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the very detailed bug report.

And I did indeed fix a bug related to international addresses in the HTML gift importer, but did not think it was present in the Unity CSV importer.

Please do send me a copy of the Unity file that is causing problems and I'll take a look. Send it to john@donormanager.com.

Thanks!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation