WBT Import problem in 5.54

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
kbradford

WBT Import problem in 5.54

Post by kbradford »

Hello. I just upgraded from 5.41 to 5.54 and when I try to do a wbt import from an htm file the progress bar stops at 95%, and the cpu and memory just keep going up until all resources are exhausted. I have tried multiple Wycliffe files (last 2 months), and have rebooted the machine, and the same result always occurs. I am running XP with all patches. Can anyone help me get past this? Thanks! Kevin
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: WBT Import problem in 5.54

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry you are running into problems.

If you could, send a copy of the problematic reports to: john@donormanager.com so I can give them a test here.

The confidentiality of your partner data will be carefully guarded, of course.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
kbradford

Post by kbradford »

Hey, John, I just sent you an example. Thanks for your help. If you dont get it or need anything else, let me know! -Kevin
ordinary
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by ordinary »

Hi,
I just had the exact same problem. Not much to tell about the process - chose wbt file to import, DM ran up to a 95% status bar, CPU use went up to 100%, and sat there for 10 minutes (message "Donor Manager not responding"). Killed the process with Task Manager. Reopened DM, nothing in the January 2009 gifts area. Repeated the process with the same results.

Running WinXP in Boot Camp, so the hardware is a Macbook 2ghz dual core Intel (1 core dedicated to windoze functions), 2 gb ram, etc.
Will_Reiman

Post by Will_Reiman »

Thought I should chime in and say I've had the same trouble. I'm running Vista.
ordinary
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by ordinary »

I just upgraded to version 5.55.2 and still no luck. We're making progress tho. Instead of hanging up at 95%, this time it hung at 97% Three more percentage points and we've got this thing licked! M
Never give up!
kbradford

Post by kbradford »

5.55 seems to have fixed the problem for me. Thanks, John!