Bulk E-mail function haphazardly omits email addresses

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
snowgirldeb

Bulk E-mail function haphazardly omits email addresses

Post by snowgirldeb »

Hello!

I've been trying to use the email batch function to send out email updates. I've used both the "Prepare and Address a New Message" and "Put E-mail addresses on clipboard" functions and have found the same problem with both - batches are created, but I find that email addresses are randomly omitted from the batches, so that I then have to go through each e-mail sent and make note of which people were not on the list. When I filter my partners for those with e-mail addresses in the "Partners" view, all of the partners show up, and I can see which ones are missing.

I have looked over the format of my e-mail address entries and do not see any difference between those omitted and those sent. Any ideas?

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it?

thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Bulk E-mail function haphazardly omits email addresses

Post by jmuehleisen »

I've not heard of this problem before.

If you want to, email to john@donormanager.com a copy of a "pack and go" file so I can see on my computer what you are seeing.

Then, send me a private email with some specific examples of email addresses that are being omitted and I'll take a look.

Now, one tip. Check the status of the "OK to e-mail" flag. If that is not checked, the address will not be included in the bulk email routines.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
snowgirldeb

Post by snowgirldeb »

Yes, it was the easy solution! Thanks for the help :)
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Great, I'm glad that worked out.

Let me make one more comment here for others who may read this thread.

For email addresses on the partner main info screen, the "OK to Send E-Mail" flag is one of the checkboxes on the right side of the screen.

But, for email addresses that are included on the "more info" tab, the "OK to Send E-Mail" flag is a checkbox on the right side of the list ... in a column titled "Send."

I hope that isn't too confusing.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
chuckles60187

Post by chuckles60187 »

I've found this same problem. I didn't check the forum till after I wrestled with it a bit. I found that if one leaves up the pop-up window asking if you want to start an email message right now, I did not run into the problem. It was almost as if clicking yes or no interrupted DM in the process of actually putting the emails on the clipboard.
I didn't have a problem with the 'ok to email' field. They were all checked.