WBT HTML Reports

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
DaveJohnson
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

WBT HTML Reports

Post by DaveJohnson »

Has anyone had a chance to report the bug with the new way WBT has been formatting their monthly reports?

Starting October 6, 2007, WBT is including a note (simply a CC) in their members monthly reports to indicate if a donation was made by a credit card. Unfortunately, this addition of just a couple letters has messed up the formatting for the entire entry in question and DM can not read it the right way.

Last month I had to manually input about 20 gifts because of this, and I was wondering if a solution has been met?
Michael

that and Wycliffe Australia....

Post by Michael »

I've had this problem too. I thought it was a bug in my October file, but it's the same thing for my November file. On the plus side, it's nice to see this month's donations as $34,951,342.00.

Also, the Wycliffe Australia import doesn't work. I get a 5 page .pdf from WBTA but it has never imported correctly.
Michael

Quick Fix

Post by Michael »

I figured out a temporary fix for WBT US.

1. Open the file in WordPad.

2. Find all the entries of 'CC' and simply delete them (you can search for CC and do it that way, just don't delete the 'cc' in the word 'account'.)

3. Go 'Save as' and save the file under a new name (in case something happens), keeping the html extension.

4. Import into DM.

Everything worked fine for me, except one entry the name was 'One-Time Gift' instead of the donor's name, but that was easy to adjust. All the numbers and names added up and lined up correctly.

I also had to relink some of my donors, but that didn't take long (compared to entering 20 items manually).
djklord

same problem - thanks for the fix

Post by djklord »

I've seen the same problem, but only yesterday figured out it was the "CC" that was causing the misread by DM.

Thanks for the work-around (editing out the CC).

I wonder if Wycliffe has any other notations which might be used in that field. I see the column has a title of "Pay Method."
Dan Lord
Wycliffe Bible Translators
guitarmanvt

Post by guitarmanvt »

This is a wonderful example case for the use of XML. If Wycliffe published an XML Schema, JM could know exactly how to handle the files. In fact, Foxpro might be able to import XML already. Of course, the XML would have to be well-formed, but there are tools out there to ensure good XML.

In the meantime, Notepad might be your best friend. Alternatively, try this:
  1. Print the HTML file for reference.
  2. Import what you can into DM.
  3. Go to Giving Review and delete the multi-million dollar gifts. (Only if they're not real, of course! ;) )*
  4. Manually re-enter the correct gift amounts.
*There is a "Delete Gift" button in the Partner Details screen, on the "Giving Details" tab.
MrZed

Post by MrZed »

John is aware of this problem. Wycliffe/Orlando changed the format of the report and John has not had the opportunity to make the corresponding change in the software. Hope we see an update soon.

Dan
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Greetings all.

The "CC" problem that confuses the gift importer has been fixed in the latest update to the program which I hope to release in the next few days.

I'm adding support for a bunch of additional organizations plus trying to nail a few bugs that have been lurking for too long.

Look for version 5.40 or later. I hope to get it out in the next few days.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation