dollars and cents

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
dellio01
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

dollars and cents

Post by dellio01 »

Sometimes I receive gifts that are not even dollar amounts. However, when I enter the gift into Donor Manager, It automatically rounds the gift to the nearest dollar. How can I change this?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: dollars and cents

Post by jmuehleisen »

Good questions!

And the answer is, "It depends on how you are doing contribution entry."

If you are entering a contribution directly into to the "giving history" grid on the partner detail records, you are correct.

You cannot enter cents here.

However, if you use the "Manual Gift Entry" screen (Gifts -> Manual Gift Entry) (which is faster, actually) you can enter cents there.

On the partner detail record giving "grid" cents are not show (due to space constraints).

However, the cents are show on the gift details screen, and on many reports.

I hope that helps.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

I do my gift entry on the manual entry screen. When I enter the gift (437.40), it automatically truncates it to $437. When I run the monthly giving report, It is truncated to 437, as is the giving statement with trailing 12 month giving analysis. That said, the cents are showing in the unthanked gifts report... I can use the unthanked gifts section for my mail merge to get the actual total of the gift. Thanks. It just confused me a bit...
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

If it is rounding on the monthly giving report, then that is bug, and I will look into it.

Likewise, after you enter the gift, is *should* be showing the amount with cents, but it does not. It does record the cents in the db, and the cents should be reflected on that screen.

I'll update that.

Thanks for letting me know.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation