End of year statement

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
wbatson

End of year statement

Post by wbatson »

I want to see what the end of year statement would look like, but I get the following error when I click on "End of Year Giving Statement":

"Error loading file - record #6. frmEndofYearStatement <or one of its members>. Loading form or the data environment: Not a table"

When I click on "Cancel" it shuts down the program. When I click on "Ignore" the error window closes.

This has worked in the past, but today something is buggy about it.

Thank you,
Willie Batson
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: End of year statement

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the bug report.

Which version of the Donor Manager are you running? That will help me to track this down.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I should add one more thing.

When we seen an error message like "not a table" ... this means that the donor manager was trying to open one of the data files, and for some reason, it did not succeed in reading the data.

So, the challenge then is to figure out which data "table" it was trying to open and to solve that problem.

The statement routine uses several of the donor manager's data tables, but my guess is that the one causing the problem is "statementprefs.dbf."

Try this.

On your start menu, in "All Programs" and then "Donor Manager" see if there is an option titled "FoxPro Command Prompt."

If there is, run that.

You will see a box on the screen.

Into that box, type "use statementprefs" and press <enter>

If that data file is OK, then it will appear that nothing happens (it has just successfully opened the file).

But, if you get an error message, then that is the file that is messed up in some way.

Let me know how that turns out and then we can proceed from there.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
wbatson

Post by wbatson »

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I missed your response somehow. I did what you suggested and got the message that the file does not exist.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Just a quick update to this thread.

DM 6.08 (released 29 December) has a new "year end giving statement" routine for those who want to send some (or all) donors a year end giving summary.

Feedback on this is most welcome.
John Muehleisen