Orphaned Records Still on EOY Giving Statements

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
whiteoak
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Orphaned Records Still on EOY Giving Statements

Post by whiteoak »

I hope this is the correct Forum for this. After correcting 19 donor and donation entries for 2012 due to some donors being entered in DM 5.80.02 more than once, I found that those orphaned records were still included in the EYO Giving Statements when I used "Print Statements for All Partners." Only the donations showed. There were no names or addresses on the printouts. Several times, I tried to purge those donations using the "Clean Up Gifts File" tool as well as the "Reindex Data Files" tool. Nothing I did eliminated the orphaned EOY Giving Statements. Yet, when I used the "Print Statement for One Partner" menu, I saw no indication of these orphaned records being included in the EOY Giving Statements. Neither do they seem to show up anywhere else. I do not know if they inflated the donation totals anywhere? Could it be that the "Clean Up Gifts File" tool is not working properly? Or, is there some other way to deal with this issue?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Orphaned Records Still on EOY Giving Statements

Post by jmuehleisen »

It sounds like a program bug to me.

Do this. From the pull-down "Tools" menu choose the "Reindex Data Files" option.

That should resolve this for you.
ss-dm-reindex-1.gif
ss-dm-reindex-1.gif (27.56 KiB) Viewed 11505 times
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation