Automatic Touches

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Automatic Touches

Post by RandyWBT »

Recently I learned that an automatic touch should be generated from the Giving Review tab when I mark a gift as thanked. This does not happen on my system. I have tried to Mark All As Thanked or press the Thank button next to individual gifts. Neither has generated a touch.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am overlooking?

I had a post referrring to this and possible automatic touches from a manually changed address or sent newsletter to the FAQs and this was John Anderson's (guitarmanvt) response.
:shock: Thanking from the Giving Review tab should definitely create a Touch record. If it's not working, then John M's going to have to answer that.

:shock: Address changes made during Gift Import (and review) should create a More Info record. When you manually change an address, a More Info record is not automatically created. (However, it's a good idea to put one in yourself.)

:shock: If you want a Touch record for newsletters or e-mails*, you're going to have to add it yourself. The best way is to use the Apply Touch to Many Records button on the Touches tab. It can be tricky, though, so make sure you get the filter right!
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Indeed, thanking an individual gift on the donor history screen does not make an entry in the "Touches" tab.

I suppose I could add that in a future update (making the ability to turn that on or off a user option).

I'll put it on the list.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
RandyWBT
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Automatic TOUCHes

Post by RandyWBT »

jmuehleisen wrote:Indeed, thanking an individual gift on the donor history screen does not make an entry in the "Touches" tab.

I suppose I could add that in a future update (making the ability to turn that on or off a user option).

I'll put it on the list.
Are there any instances where a touch should be added automatically? I don't get them when I do a thank off of giving review when pressing an individual thank or when pressing Mark All as Thanked.
Randy
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

There are no automatic touch generations that I can recall in the program.

It does have the ability to record a touch for multiple records (based on a filter), but you have to initiate that with the "Apply Touch To Many Records" button.

But, ... automatic? ..., no, not at present.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation