syntax error question

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Sarah

syntax error question

Post by Sarah »

I'm not sure if this is really a "bug" or just me not understanding something. Twice recently after inputing data into donormanager, I have exited and received the message "Program error, syntax error." Do you know what causes this? I've also noticed two or three times recently that I have written information in the "notes" section under "partner details" and after exiting and coming back later the information that I had written was not there. I don't know if those issues are related, and it's always possible that they are not issues with the program but with me. So I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any insights.
Thanks!
Sarah
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Syntex error = bug

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Sarah,

If you are getting a syntax error, be sure to send me an email at john@donormanager.com with the details ... what were you doing, what had you clicked, what screen, etc.

A sytax error generally means a bug somewhere in the program.

On the question of loosing information you have entered in the notes, I have seen this myself. Apparently, if your cursor is still in the notes field and you navigate to some other part of the program, the changes you must made sometimes get lost, and sometimes get posted to the wrong person's record.

I am trying to track this down, but if you click on another field (other than the notes) after entering a note, then it seems to save your info pretty reliably. Apparently, the program thinks that you haven't confirmed what you entered, so it assumes you don't really want it. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this.

John
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation