Save Issues / Moving between records

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
Andrew
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Save Issues / Moving between records

Post by Andrew »

It appears that if you edit the comments field in one partner record, and then do Ctrl F and move to another record, the comment field from the first partner record is pasted over the comment field in the new partner record. I have found it necessary to go to the next record (page up or page down) to save the info before I go to another random record. It is very frustrating to lose the data from the second record if I forget to go to another record first.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Save Issues / Moving between records

Post by jmuehleisen »

You are correct.

When editing a field like the comments, the data does not get saved until the cursor leaves the box.

So, if you use a keyboard shortcut to move to the next record, the next record move takes place before the cursor leaves the text box and those changes end up getting saved with the next record.

Now, I consider that a bug in the underlying system personally, but I've not been able to find a "work-around" for it.

So, the key is to hit the <tab> key to exit the comments box (it happens elsewhere as well) before using another keyboard short cut to move records.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Andrew

Re: Save Issues / Moving between records

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for the reply!