5.36 install problems? read this

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

5.36 install problems? read this

Post by jmuehleisen »

I've had several users reporting problems with the 5.36 upgrade.

Generally, the installation of the upgrade goes smoothly, but then a number of errors come up that prevent the program from running.

I have not been able to duplicate this problem on my computer, but I think that the problem should be fixed with the 5.36.06 update. You'll have to download this manually from the downloads page (you will just need the program update only).

If you continue to have problems, please send me an email at john@donormanager.com.

Hopefully we'll have this one solved in the next day or so.

Most of the 5.36 upgrades have gone without a problem, but several have reported this glitch.

The problem also shows up (almost consistently) on totally new installations between on 5.35.02 through 5.35.05.

Sorry for any frustration this may have caused you. Fortunately, your data is still very safe (the Donor Manager keeps 3 copies of your data files). Plus, you are making regular backups, aren't you? !

While I'm on the subject of backups, the "Pack and Go" routine makes a great backup routine. Although originally designed to ease the transfer of data from one computer to another, it is a super backup, and is now my favorite backup method.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation