Fatal Error: Exception Code=C00000FD

Use this forum to report a bug in the program.
NWilson
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Fatal Error: Exception Code=C00000FD

Post by NWilson »

Whenever I try to update my Donor Manager list, the program terminates and gives the following error

"Fatal Error: Exception Code=C00000FD
Called from - dmmain line 130 {c:\donor5\dmmain..."

The called line and file are sometimes different

Any idea what I can do to fix this?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Fatal error code

Post by jmuehleisen »

I haven't seen that particular error before. You say it comes up when trying to download updates.

A few questions: does the download start at all? Does this crash happen at the beginning, middle, end of the download?

As an alternative, you can download the update manually from: http://www.donormanager.com/download.htm. That will get you the update. Then, let me know if you still get the error message.

Sorry I can't be of more help at this point.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
NWilson
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

clarification on fatal error circumstances

Post by NWilson »

Sorry for the confusion. I got the error, not when downloading a Donor Manager update, but when I would type in new addresses to update my address list.
I found an article on that particular error on the Microsoft Visual Basic website which said that this error message is a result of a bug in their program and gave instructions as to how to get a patch for it. I didn't think that was for me to do.
I did, however, try the "repack and index" function on Donor Manager, and after doing that I didn't run into the fatal error again that day, so maybe that fixed it...
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

re: Fatal Error

Post by jmuehleisen »

Ahh, excellent. I'm glad you got it fixed.

A few comments: I have seen 'Fatal Errors' when the indexes get "out of whack" (that's a technical term!), and you did exactly the right thing: Pack and Reindex.

The fatal error generally means somewhere, somehow, the program violated its Windows memory space. If an index gets messed up (it sometimes happens), then that can happen. Sometimes you get a "record out of range" error as well (that's a sure sign of an index problem).

You mentioned getting some info from the VB web site. Just as a point of information, the Donor Manager is written in VFP (Visual FoxPro), another Microsoft programming language.

See you later!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation