Automatic date stamp

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
SteveP
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Automatic date stamp

Post by SteveP »

This is something I found useful in a program I used for my address database many moons ago. (Wycliffe folk would know it -- Shoebox.)

The program provided a field in each record that automatically recorded the last date on which it was edited. I found this extremely helpful especially in older records, as it told me exactly how current the information in that record was. So if a church record had the name of, say, the youth pastor, but the date stamp was two years ago, I knew I'd better check before assuming he was still in office! It was also very useful in weeding out old records that had been sitting in the database for years.

Could something like this be added, John?

-- Steve.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

date stamp

Post by jmuehleisen »

Seve,

Thanks a good suggestion, and is already on my do list! Not sure when it will get in there, but it's coming.

It will probably have 2 fields actually: date the record was created, and the date of the last editing.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation