2 ideas: default country / automatic "sort name"

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Ken

2 ideas: default country / automatic "sort name"

Post by Ken »

John,

I entered lots of records today. Here's two suggestions;

1. have the Country field defaulted to USA. Almost all entries will be this. Although I have African addresses in mine, it is worth defaulting this to USA when over 90 % are that way.

2. I usually forget to enter the Sort name. I believe that you are used to doing it because you know the importance of this field but for users like me who aren't as concious of its imporantance. It would be neat if the Sort field would automatically take the last portion of the name (Example: " smith" in Shari Smith) and complete that field.

I know that suggestion #2 is more farfetched but as you said, you like a challenge.

both fields would allow the data entry person to overwrite what the program had completed.

Ken
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Suggestions

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Ken,

The ability to add a default country has been added in 5.32 beta 3. Set the default country in /Personalize /Editing Options

I'll see what I can do on defining a default sort code ... that's a bit more tricky, but I'll give it a shot.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation