Support entry with dates?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
amykaysf

Support entry with dates?

Post by amykaysf »

Do you think there could be a way to enter support with a date as well as a month? This would help me when more than one gift comes in from the same donor in a month. Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

multiple gifts in one month

Post by jmuehleisen »

I'm hoping to add this in the next update of the Donor Manager, but it has many implications that I'm trying to ensure that I address.

Basically, it requires a bit of a data redesign (from moving to monthly summaries) to transaction by transaction detail.

What would you like to see here? (others can feel free to add their comments as well)

However, moving to the individual transaction detail transaction will also give us several new features that some folks may find valuable, including the ability to post contributions to different "funds" and to track different "appeals" or "motives" for giving.

But, lots of reports that need to be written to support this.

I'll make an announcement when this feature is ready for release. Be sure you have registered for e-mail update announcements.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
amykaysf

dated giving

Post by amykaysf »

I'm hoping that by having both the month and date that it would be easier to track if a gift has already been entered. Is the $50 I see in the monthly summary from the 3rd or the 16th? That's the kind of question I'm hoping to answer. Thanks for all your work on the program!
amykaysf

dated giving

Post by amykaysf »

I'm hoping that by having both the month and date that it would be easier to track if a gift has already been entered. Is the $50 I see in the monthly summary from the 3rd or the 16th? That's the kind of question I'm hoping to answer. Thanks for all your work on the program!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Tell me more about how you work ?

Post by jmuehleisen »

Tell me a bit more about how you are entering gifts ...

Do you use one of the automatic gift posting routines, or are you entering gifts manually?

If you enter gifts manually, and you enter a second gift from the same partner in a given month, the program should tell you "Hey, there is already a gift of $ 50 from that donor. Replace that gift with this one, or add this one to that one."

Now, with the enhancements I'm adding in this next cycle, it will be able to tell you "hey, this partner gave you $ 50 on June 3rd."
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation