Reports

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Caryl

Reports

Post by Caryl »

I like the way you can pull quick reports, but one I tried to do with no success was to be able to pull into a church report that would include the Pastor's name from the Pastor's Info space.

Since the program is not set to allow the Pastor's name and church to come on a mail merge, I enter the Pastor's names manually to my labels before printing. I was hoping for a quick report that would list the Pastor's Info, so I could just check the sheet without having to pull up each church.

Any thoughts on that?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Pastors Names on Reports

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for the question.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "quick report", but let me give you a few hints that might help.

First of all, I often make a church entry like this (if I want the pastor's name on an envelope or label):

Name: First Methodist Church
Name2: Rev. John Smitn Pastor
Address: etc....

That would bring the pastors name onto labels, envelopes, etc.

But lately, I've been making 2 entries for a church. One for the church itself, and another for the pastor as an individual. Why? Because pastors move, and I like to move with them to their new church!

Anyway, back to the subject.

If you are using the custom report writer to do this, take a look at the field titled "user1". In an individual's record, this field contains the "Family Info", but in a church record, this contains the "Pastors Info" data.

So, if you were making a report in Foxfire like this, you might use these fields:

<name> <city> <state> <user1>

Then, set the filter to be just churches, and this might be what you are looking for.

Or, am I minunderstanding your question?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation