Reports by country and region

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Daniel German

Reports by country and region

Post by Daniel German »

John

I thought about one thing that will be very helpfull for us and may be for others.

Is it possible to make several different report by countries and region?

1. It will be nice to do the report how many partners from which countries (sometimes by region) we have.

2. Also in the giving report will be nice to enter report by countries. How many money came from which countries and region. Also for us necessary to see the percentage from which countries we received money. We wanted to rase more local resources so we have to see what we have.
Can you do this

Daniel
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

analyze giving by region

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Daniel,

Excellent suggestions!

The current version of the program does do some analysis by region, but for you, the breakdown wouldn't work quite right.

The design of the program is that different states make up the different regions.

But in your case, your perspective is larger ... more international.

Let me do some looking and see what I might be able to come up with. Certainly a custom report in FoxFire would do it as well.

I'll get back to you. I'm on the road right now, so it may be a few days.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

initial support for countries in regions

Post by jmuehleisen »

Daniel,

I have just uploaded an update to the Donor Manager (available via Live Update only at this point) that makes a few changes in how the program handles regions. I think this may help you a bit.

First of all, as I had mentioned, the program assigns regions by states. I have changed this so that you can choose to have the regions be related to states, or to countries. For international users like yourself, this may be more useful.

To enable this feature, on the DM main menu, click on "update codes." Go do the regions tab. There is an option there to specify whether you want regions to group states, or countries. You would select countries.

Then update the region codes, putting in country names (separated by commas) instead of state names. Organize things as you see best.

So, in your case, you might have a region for Ukraine, another for other Eastern European countries, one for West Europe, one for North America, another for Asia. Use whatever makes sense for you.

Now, at this point, the only report that uses the region information is the "Regional Support Analysis." This one will give you the counts of supporters in each of your regions (and the countries / states within each region, and it tells you the pledged support in the region.

However, it doesn't at this point, give you any information on actual income by region. I'll try to add a report that does this as I have opportunity. That will enable you to track your actual income by region, not just the pledges by region.

You (or others) may have some other ideas on how to expand this and make it more useful ... feel free to share them.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation