How about a new tab for "Support Plan" ?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
rthompson

How about a new tab for "Support Plan" ?

Post by rthompson »

What if you added a new tab on the details page called something like 'potential support', or maybe 'support plan'?

For each person, I would like to track potential in terms of prayer and finanical support. Maybe include the interest, potential, next phase, next step in this tab.

Maybe even add dates here so I can develop a plan for who to contact first. Maybe have fields such as amount to request, actual pledge, amount of one time gift.

On the support development page (support
summary) there could then be both a potential and actual calculation.
Having this potential calculation keeps a postive spirit and hope and motivation in front of each support raiser!

This would all need to be able to be filtered and searchable and reportable as well.

As a person in the midst of deputation I can run a report of my "attack" plan.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

"support plan" tab

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hmmm. This has possibilities. It could tie together a number of things that are on some of the other tabs, plus add a few more.

I'd love to hear what other users think. Does this sound good to you? What would you like to see on this? What are the questions that you would like this to answer?

Share your thoughts!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
bookwurm70

Support plan sounds awesome

Post by bookwurm70 »

I was going to write in with a suggestion for a support plan. I am just beginning my support building and feel at a loss as to where to start, and how to keep track of what people I have sent letters so, who I need to call, who I have met with, and who I need to ask for a decision. A tab to track all of that would be great. There is already the drop down in the Partner Details screen that asks for a phase. If there could be some reports or something that those link to so I could get a list of who is in what phase, that would be helpful.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

tab for support plan

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for your feedback.

There are a couple of things that might help you, even at this stage.

First of all, as you have noticed, you can put a "phase" in there for each partner.

Second, if you put a check mark in the "Is a Prospect" box, then this person will appear on the "prospects" page on the "Support Development" tab.

Second, at the bottom of the partner screen there is a box titled "next step". This is for you to put a "Verb" for the next step that YOU need to take to continue to develop your relationship with this partner. It could be "CALL", "MEET", "ASK", "SEND", "VISIT" ... whatever.

This data also appears on the "Prospects" page of "Support Development".

Now, on that page (Prospects) you can also break the prospects down by adding a check mark for "Current," which means I am actively working on this one right now, and you can put an "ask" goal amount (if that is appropriate for you and your strategy).

I hope that helps a little! These pieces are scattered around a bit, aren't they?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

report for phases

Post by jmuehleisen »

I forgot to comment on your suggestion for "a report that shows who is in what phase."

That's a great suggestion and I will definately put that on my "do list."
John Muehleisen
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by guitarmanvt »

Great topic! One more request: Can you put a "Pending" option in the Phase box? For instance, someone just entered retirement and I want to give them some time before determining if they are "Ask in Future" or "Never Ask"? (Maybe you can help me clarify my thoughts here. I'm a bit fuzzy in this particular case.)