custom envelope size

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Del
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

custom envelope size

Post by Del »

I looked for info on this feature (custom size envelopes) but I only see two sizes of envelopes which are both larger than the ones I normally use. Am I missing something, or is this a possible feature to consider including? It would be very helpful for me to be able to set the size of the envelope I am using.

Thank you!
Del
Michael
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Re: custom envelope size

Post by Michael »

I'd like to be able to print addresses on postcards (4"x6"). Is there a way to set that up, or have some more flexibility in placing the address where you want it?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

If you are wanting to do postcards (or custom envelopes) on a "one at a time" basis (using the "print envelope" routine from the donor screen), then it will take a little work.

But, if you are doing bulk envelopes, then it is easy as the DM just passes the info to an envelope template and has Word do the actual envelope generation. You can customize that envelope template (and have as many as you want) easily.

Tell me a bit more about how you are wanting to use this and I can perhaps give better advice.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Michael
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by Michael »

Hi John,

What I'm trying to do is print a list of, say, 30 addresses (perhaps 'has given in the last 6 months') directly onto a 4"x6" postcard.

We use postcards as thankyou notes, so it would be nice to put 30 postcards in the printer and have it print address after address directly on the postcard, in the address position on the postcard.

Hope that's clearer.

From your instructions, it sounds like I should try to customize the Word template to line up how I want it....?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Word is definitely the way to go here.

And, you could try this. Open the file envelope.doc in your donor manager program folder.

Save it as "postcard.doc" (or something like that).

Then, edit it and format it for your postcard.

Then, go into the DM's envelope printing routine and change the envelope template from the default "envelope.doc" to "postcard.doc."

Then, the DM will send it's output to your customized envelope / postcard template.

See how that goes.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation