Export for Address Verification should exclude deceased

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
kisaac
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Export for Address Verification should exclude deceased

Post by kisaac »

Now that there is a deceased flag in the file, these records are not actually deleted. When exporting for address verification, they are included. As address verification is often charged by the entry, these obviously incorrect entries increase cost and are hard to manually filter out. While you are filtering, blank addresses (where I only have email, for example) should probably also be left out, although I can easily filter these out after the export. Additionally, filtering by another field ("active") would be nice, although I could just delete known bad address (with no further info) from the address field, making this a case of blank addresses.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Export for Address Verification should exclude deceased

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for your suggestion, and I agree completely.

I have updated the program (beginning with version 6.16.09) to include this change.

Do a "Live Update" and then please test it and give your feedback and additional suggestions.

Here is what the new screen looks like:
ss-dm6-address-verification-1.gif
ss-dm6-address-verification-1.gif (17.48 KiB) Viewed 12387 times
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
kisaac

Post by kisaac »

Looks good. I did think of one more thing that you might want to exclude - foreign addresses. I guess you would look for non-blank countries that don't match the home country. These records are easy to delete out of the exported file, so things are definitely workable as is.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Another good suggestions. I'll put that on my "to-do" list, but it will be a week or so until I get back on DM programming.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation