Scroll bars when information is off screen

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
jtcarwile
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Scroll bars when information is off screen

Post by jtcarwile »

I have been having issues with accessing the full functionality of the program due to the size of my screen and resolution settings. These can not be changed(except to a lower resolution) unless I connect my laptop to a monitor or TV, which frankly defeats the purpose of a laptop. The main screen doesn't fully load onto my display, but nearly does so it hasn't been the main issue(other than the top tabs overlapping on the right of the screen). However there are tabs within the details of individual records that I can not access at all because they are off screen. Could you please add a feature that adds a scroll bar of some kind for access to these functions for users like myself whose resolution/screen will not fit the entire program, and/or for those who would like to only have the program use a portion of their display.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Scroll bars when information is off screen

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for your suggestion (sorry I missed it earlier).

I am indeed adding (bit by bit) additional support for smaller screens (as I've been taking my 6 year old low-res netbook on some recent trips) as I have run into the same problem.

Version 6.08 adds some more help for the smaller screens, but the Donor Detail Page will be the challenge (as horizontal scrollbars here are not an option, unfortunately).

It is a challenge to be able to support older, smaller screens as well as taking advantage of newer, wider screens.

Out of curiosity, what is the screen resolution of your computer?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation