Barcode for Mailing Donation Requests

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Mel
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Barcode for Mailing Donation Requests

Post by Mel »

Hello,

I really like this software it has alot of great features. Since some families like to show up only during the holidays I would like to send out weekly/monthly mailers requesting donations.

Is there a way that a barcode can be put on the return donation receipt so that we can scan into the system instead of typing in the last name..ect?

for example: each donation request has a different barcode. so when they send in a donation I can just scan and their info will pop up on screen and all we have to type in is the amount they gave.

Just a thought...thanks and keep up the good work!!

-Mel
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Barcode for Mailing Donation Requests

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for your suggestion.

The last time I worked with a bar code reader (a number of years ago), it would read whatever the bar code had encoded, and stuffed that into the keyboard queue, as though you had typed it.

If that is still the case, then you could bar code the donor's Donor ID number.

I *think* (but don't remember for sure) that if you type a number in where DM is asking for a "last name" it will look up the donor by ID number. (I'd have to check for sure. If it doesn't it would be a really easy modification for me to make).

Then you just need to get the donor id number encoded onto the reply device, and it *should* work fine to do this.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Mel

Re: Barcode for Mailing Donation Requests

Post by Mel »

Nice!...thanks for the help