bi montly reporting

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
dellio01
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

bi montly reporting

Post by dellio01 »

Ok. I am a new user to Donor Manager. I have been using Peter Noonan's Friend Files for a number of years.

I send prayer letters out every other month. In Friend Files, I pull two reports. A contribution (monthly support - total amount of money received regardless of fund/type of support) report for a specified date range (for me two months) and then a second report of everyone on the newsletter list. I do this because some of my churches require me to list all money received on the prayer letter. Once I have these two reports, I combine them in excel and remove the duplicates.

Now for DM. It appears as if I can do the same thing only with a little more work. I can pull giving reports for the two months (two reports) and then pull a prayer letter/newsletter report. Once that is done, I can combine them in excel and remove the duplicates.

Any ideas to make this simpler? I need to be able to put the data into excel and mail merge into publisher.
dellio01

Re: bi montly reporting

Post by dellio01 »

Specifically, I need to be able to add giving records for a set period of time (usually two months) to my prayer letter report so that I can mail merge the giving information into my prayer letters.

The prayer letter report needs to contain the following:

1. all regular givers regardless of gift
2. all people on prayer letter list
3. any new/special givers (one time - or new monthly givers)
4. the total amount of gifts received for the specified time period

SO, even if the name is not on the prayer letter list, if there is a gift, it needs to be pulled.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for this suggestion.

I think something like this would be useful for many people.

And, I don't think it would be too difficult to program.

Let me ask a question, though. If we could generate a merge file (which could be used for e-mails, word docs, publisher, whatever), how would you express the contribution information?

And what would go into that merge field for those who did not make a contribution.

There is a similar kind of thing for "unthanked gifts" already in the DM, but what you are suggesting is not quite the same.

Tell me a bit more about how you use this and I can see what I can come up with.

Back to you. (And others can feel free to add their ideas, too).
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

how would you express the contribution information?

And what would go into that merge field for those who did not make a contribution.

There is a similar kind of thing for "unthanked gifts" already in the DM, but what you are suggesting is not quite the same.

Tell me a bit more about how you use this and I can see what I can come up with.

Back to you. (And others can feel free to add their ideas, too).
those that made a contribution - the total amount of money received for the time period pulled on the report (simply a dollar amount)
those that did not make a contribution - ideally custom designed field (we could specify) - but that would be much harder I assume to program. For me, nothing. Once I put it in excel, I add "PRAYERS" as the contribution for those that do not have a dollar amount.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

How do you use the word "PRAYERS" in your merged letter?

Or do you do some type of conditional thing?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

http://danielelliottfamily.us/wp-conten ... 8-2014.pdf

Notice the box in the lower right corner. If there is support received the total would be there instead of the word prayers. If no support, then the word prayers is there.
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

Any new thoughts on this? I will be pulling addresses for my next prayer letter within the next week or so...