Custom Filter by Touch or More Info?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Custom Filter by Touch or More Info?

Post by guitarmanvt »

Yet another idea. :idea: Hope I'm not swamping you with feature requests! :wink:

This one is related to the idea for more checkboxes that some have mentioned. Rather than coding more checkboxes, how about making a way to Custom Filter by a Touch or something in More Info?

For example, say I have several Touches marked as type "Request". To me, this means I've asked for info and am waiting for a Reply. It would be nice to filter the partner list for all those who have unclosed "Request" touches.

Or, as some might use it, let's say we're planning an "Aug2007 Trip". We could add a "Touch" record to indicate that we visited (or will visit) the person on that trip. Alternatively, we could add that as an item in "More Info." Then, if we could Custom Filter by "Aug2007 Trip", that would be nice.

One other application: this could handle multiple groupings for a single partner. Someone could be tagged as "ExtendedFamily", "ChurchContact", and "GolfTeam" all at once.

BTW-I figured out how to use the "Send" checkbox on the "More Info" tab. Nice feature. Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

At this point, I'm thinking of moving to more a "groups" thing ... with unlimited groups.

So, you create an "Aug 2007" group, and just tag people with that.

And, yes, filters will work on the tags.

And it will be totally open ended and user definable.

We'll see how it works out.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation