Combined "Special Days" and "Follow Up Remind

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Combined "Special Days" and "Follow Up Remind

Post by guitarmanvt »

I use Special Days to keep track of birthdays, anniversaries and the like. I also use Follow Up Reminders to keep track of up-coming events, scheduled phone calls, and other todo items.
  • Could we have a single combined view/list of Special Days and Reminders?
  • Could it be set to come up automatically on startup?
  • Any way to view these in a Calendar-like view?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Quick answers to your questions:

- combined view ... hmmm. maybe. The data is in two separate tables, but I'll see if that is possible.

- come up automatically on start up ... as in start up of your computer, or start up of the donor manager ? The donor manager start up reminder is very doable ... the computer start up ... I probably won't do that.

- calendar view ... actually, any report is pretty doable. I'll put this on the "stuff to think about" list.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by guitarmanvt »

Allow me to clarify:

It would be nice to have the option to immediately goto a specific view when DM starts. (Not when Windows starts.) Other people might want to go to the "Support Development" view, or maybe some other page. For me, I usually (94% of the time) go straight to my Follow-ups when I open DM.

The second thing I usually do is check my "Special Days." This helps me not miss someone's birthday, esp. if I might see them today. (I forgot one that this morning--oops! But that's because I didn't have it in DM.) For me, a combined list of Special Days + Follow-ups would be nice. It wouldn't really have to be in a Calendar format, honestly, although that would be nice (but probably not worth your development time).
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

re: be able to specify the "view" the donor manager goes into when it starts.

I like that one best. I could set it so you would have 3 options when the donor manager starts up:

1. always go to the main menu
2. always go to a specific view
3. always go to the view I was in when I last quit the program.

And, I could make a "pop up a reminders window if I have events coming up in the next xx days"

Those will definitely go on the "stuff I gotta try to put in" list.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation