multiple currencies

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
johnd

multiple currencies

Post by johnd »

I receive donations from both Canada and the US, and so I receive two monthly statements: one in Canadian$ and one in US$.

I would like to be able to import my US statement into Donor Manager and have the US$ figures converted to Canadian$ figures.

- John D.
johnd

Post by johnd »

I should add to this request that I would like to be able to have more than one exchange rate for any given month.

For example, for the month of January, I would want to use the following exchange rates:
Jan 1-19/2007: CDN$/US$ = 1.15
Jan 20-31/2007: CDN$/US$ = 1.17

- John D.
Michael
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by Michael »

/signed

I would like to be able to use Australian $ and US $.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Is this a possibility in the near future? I'm a little stuck atm with what to do....
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

multi-currency

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, I know it won't make it into the next major update.

Although, I could probably sneak in there the ability to record the exchange rate, but just not report on it yet, etc.

Let me do a bit of digging when I get into that area. If I can get a partial implementation in this next update, I'll do so. Otherwise, it will have to wait a few months.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Michael

Post by Michael »

Ok, thanks for the info.
snowgirldeb

Re: multiple currencies

Post by snowgirldeb »

That would be amazing! I am having to manually enter all my donations from one currency into the main one I work with in DM...very tedious!
viggolarsen
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: multiple currencies

Post by viggolarsen »

Support for multiple currencies would be great, or for my purposes the ability to manage several data sets would solve the same problem as I could use one set for donors from one country and a different set for supporters from another country.

I saw that both these features were listed under "Features not yet fully implemented include:" in the news flash titled "DM 6 Beta 1 is almost ready", but I haven't found anything more about these features in later Beta releases. Are they coming???