More User-Defined Checkboxes?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
chrisleake
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

More User-Defined Checkboxes?

Post by chrisleake »

I know that 10 is a pretty good number of user-defined checkboxes already, and we're probably stretching DM beyond what it's designed for (making it the master database for our entire small organization). More checkboxes could help, though.

Or maybe it just needs to be a different way to classify information and get reports on the info. I don't know exactly what that would look like, as I don't know much about database stuff. This may just mean it's getting to be time to invest in a database program more designed for what we're trying to do and to learn it :P
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

more check boxes

Post by jmuehleisen »

Chris,

The next major update to the Donor Manager will include a "Categories" feature which will allow you to assign a given partner record to an unlimited number of categories.

This will probably help you as it breaks through the "10 lists" limitation of the Donor Manager.

Now, since you are using the DM in an organizational setting, I think you'll like a number of the new features in the next update. There are going to be a lot of goodies in there to make the program more flexible in that setting, going beyond the original audience of the individual staff member.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
chrisleake
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by chrisleake »

Great, we'll be looking forward to it, then! I like Donor Manager a lot, and would be happy to be able to continue to use it in a small organizational setting.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

DM in organizations

Post by jmuehleisen »

Chris,

Be thinking of what features would be most useful to you in an organization setting and post them to this forum:

http://www.donormanager.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Thanks!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation