Sort Decending Date order for Touches

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
markb

Sort Decending Date order for Touches

Post by markb »

It would be nice to have the most recent "Touch" appear at the top of this list on the "Touches" screen rather than to have to scroll down the list to see when was the last contact we had with that particular donor.

Also, I would be curious to know how others use "Type" and Comment fields -- would be nice to group emails/letters FROM vs. emails/letters TO a contact.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

re: sort with the more recent touch at the top

Absolutely right. I will put that on the list for sure!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by guitarmanvt »

I use these "Type" values:
  • MEET - when I meet with someone personally to talk about ministry
  • PRESENT - large-group presentations, usually
  • VISIT - when I go to someone's house or church to visit, but not necessarily talk about our ministry
  • PHONE - phone call or attempt
  • EMAIL - summary of email to/from person
  • INFO - other information, such as current job status, church involvement
  • REQUEST - I've asked someone for information in a letter.
  • LETTER - when I've sent a physical letter
  • REPLY - In the second "Type" column, this means I'm waiting for an answer to REQUEST. Very important to specify a date with these, so you know when to try again.
The Comment field is usually just a short summary of the important info, so I know what's going on with that person at a glance. I would not recommend dumping entire email messages into the Comment field, although it will probably allow that. Instead, just summarize what you need and keep the email in your email program in case you need more detail later. (Make sure to organize your emails in your email program...but that's an entirely different topic.)

Hope that helps!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

While on the subject of "organizing your email messages in your email program", can I recommend some software that I think is just fantastic.

If you are an Outlook user, take a look at the "Nelson E-Mail Organizer" software.

http://www.emailorganizer.com

Absolutely superb software! You get a 30 day free trial of the "Pro" version, then you either pay your money (about $ 25), or it switches over to a more limited (but still very good) "basic" version.

I love this software. Be sure to do the tutorials, though. It is time well spent.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
guitarmanvt

Post by guitarmanvt »

Any chance to resurrect this Touch sort feature request? It was also made in this post:

http://www.donormanager.com/forum/viewt ... ?p=597#597

It would be most useful. :)

Also, thanks for your suggestion about Nelson Email Organizer. I've been using it for months now and it's saved so much time. :D
Michael

Post by Michael »

bump.

This would be really handy.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I'm working on putting a few updates in the program today and I'll try to include this one for you.

I'll let you know when there is something to download.
John Muehleisen
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Just a note to say that this feature (reverse date sorting in the "touches") has been added in version 5.48.

The "Live Update" feature has been broken in several recent updates (I honestly don't know why), and that has been fixed as well.

Now, the 5.48 update must be downloaded and installed manually, but after that the Live Update should properly detect, download, and install new releases.
John Muehleisen